1) Computer is able to access to the Internet when the cable modem is connected directly to the computer via RJ45 cable.
1) Cable modem is connected to SMC router via RJ45 cable and connected to another computer via USB cable at the same time.
2) Cable modem is only able to issue 1 public IP address.
3) Cable modem might not be able to refresh the client MAC address (apply on voice enable modem only). Upon collect the modem, user will connect the modem to the PC to make sure the modem is working fine. Once the modem get the MAC address from the computer, 1 public IP address will issue to the particular PC. Once the cable is unplug from the PC and connect to the SMC router, the modem will not able to obtain MAC address from SMC router as it unable refresh the memory and store the new MAC address.
0) Reset your router to factory default if you did any configuration.
1) Unplug the USB connection from the modem (if any).
2) Power off the modem and router.
3) Make sure the RJ45 cable is connected from modem LAN port to SMC router WAN port; another RJ45 cable is connected from LAN1 port to computer.
4) Power on the modem first and wait for 15 seconds.
5) When all the lights from modem is working, power on the router and wait for 15 seconds.
6) Check on the computer which is connected via LAN cable, it should able to connect to the Internet.
7) Continue others configuration according to your preferences.
8) If the problem persists, the computer still unable to access Internet, please refer to cause 3 and proceed for modem replacement.